I’m trying to open a Live Heatmap but it just opens my site without the heatmap. What’s going on?
1. In some instances your browser can block Live heatmaps from loading on your site. This happens if your browser is set up to block all 3rd party cookies.
2. Live heatmaps won’t work if the Tracking Code is not on the page you are attempting to load a heatmap for. What happens here is that our Live heatmaps are using the Mouseflow Tracking Code to show the heatmap data on top of your site.
If the Tracking Code is either not installed or not currently running we won't be able to load the heatmap data on your page.
There are three possible causes for this issue:
1. If the Live Heatmaps are being blocked by the browser:
In Chrome: Go to Settings -> Privacy and Security -> "Cookies and Other Site Data" and check if "Block third-party cookies" is enabled (see screenshot below).
In the modal that opens please type in: [*.]mouseflow.com like this:
Click 'Add' -> close down Settings again and try to reopen the Live heatmap from the heatmap list.
2. If the Mouseflow Tracking Code is not installed: To resolve the issue and get the Live heatmaps to load on your site, please re-install the Mouseflow Tracking Code on your site.
3. If the Mouseflow Tracking Code is not loaded: If for example, you're using a GTM firing rule to make sure that Mouseflow isn't recording yourself and your colleagues this may also block you from opening Live Heatmaps. You can solve this issue by including a firing rule that runs the Mouseflow tracking code when: window.name = "mf_liveHeatmaps_init".