Do you have a brochure/presentation available?
|Yes, we absolutely do! Follow this link to download the PDF.|
How does Mouseflow work?
Data from the whole user experience is recorded, not just a snapshot of the session. This includes all user interaction, but also changes to the HTML document that occurs throughout the visitor journey.
This means you can record session based pages, like shopping carts, checkout pages and similar. You can also record pages behind a login without any problems.
|Does Mouseflow affect the browsing experience?|
Mouseflow does not affect a user's browsing experience.
Mouseflow loads asynchronously and doesn't count towards your total page load time.
|Can Mouseflow record HTTPS/SSL?||Mouseflow can record pages that use HTTPS/SSL without any problems. This feature is available for all plans and you don't have to make any changes. It's available by default.|
|What impact will Mouseflow have on my servers?||Your web servers won’t be affected at all. All communication is sent directly from the browser to our platform.|
|How about security? Is my data safe?|
Mouseflow takes security very seriously. We only use the most trusted and secure data centers for our platform. Access is restricted to a few select employees and data from SSL-encrypted pages are only transmitted across encrypted SSL connections.
Your data is isolated in either our European (Amsterdam) or United States (Virginia) datacenter, based on where you sign up. We never transmit or store data outside of the European Union or United States, respectively.
If you collect sensitive data, you need to (a) exclude keystroke tracking for certain input fields, (b) disable keystroke for all input fields, or (c) exclude/replace content shown in the page source itself.
By default, Mouseflow excludes all password and credit card number fields automatically.
If your local legislation requires it, you can choose to anonymize IP addresses of your visitors. Read more about that feature here.
Read more on our dedicated Security Page.
|What browsers and operating systems do you support?|
Mouseflow supports IE 8+, Firefox 3+, Chrome 3+, Safari 4+, Opera 9+, and many more. For the best service, we recommend that you keep your browser updated to the latest version.
Mouseflow is compatible on all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) and their corresponding mobile environments including, but not limited to: Android, Symbian, iPhone OS and Windows Mobile.
|Can I install Mouseflow on my localhost?|
Mouseflow requires access your site in order to play back your visitor sessions and display heatmaps. Mouseflow will not function properly if your website is only accessible on your localhost. In order to use our service, you need to host your website on a publicly accessible domain.
If you have a website that you want to test before pushing it live, a common method is to host the website on a subdomain (e.g. staging.yoursite.com) or to use a dynamic DNS service to get a temporary domain to test your site.
|Does Mouseflow work with members-only pages, shopping carts, and checkout pages?||Yes, Mouseflow is able to track these types of pages. This feature is enabled by default, so you don't have to make any changes to record these types of pages.|
|Can I delete all recordings and data|
Yes, simply follow the steps below:
Mouseflow supports highly dynamic websites, including single-page applications, built on modern frameworks (such as React, Angular and Ember).
Our script listens to changes to the web page itself and apply this dynamically during playback.
Do you offer any SLA or uptime guarantees?
We don't offer Service Level Agreements (SLA) on our regular plans. However, Mouseflow has partnered with a content delivery network (CDN) service that promises 24/7 uptime on the recording scripts, even if we experience downtime in our data center.
If you're seeking a customer enterprise plan (with more than 100K recordings per month) or require an SLA, we'd be happy to work with you.
|What happens to my website if you have downtime?|
Our recording services are installed on thousands of websites and Mouseflow takes measures to ensure that these websites are working perfectly, even if there are service disruptions or downtime. Here's just a few of the extensive measures we take:
Installation & Setup
- Video: Feature Overview
- Training Videos
- Video: How Playback works
- Video: Recordings - Search, Filters, Views and Trends
- Video: Recording list
- Video: Recordings, Waterfall view
- Video: Forms - Segmenting and Views
- Video: Conversion tracking using Forms
- Video: Adding and Editing a Form
- Video: Form list
- Video: Funnel list
- Video: Adding & Editing Funnels
- Video: Funnels, Segments & Views
- Video: Heatmaps - Search, Filters & Views
- Video: The heatmap List
- Video: Click Heatmaps
- Video: Movement Heatmaps
- Video: Scroll heatmaps
- Video: Attention Heatmaps
- Video: Geo Heatmaps
- Video: Link Analytics
- Video: Feedback List
- Video: Understanding Feedback Reports
- Recording Setup
- Feedback Setup
- Form Setup
- Funnel Setup
- Privacy Settings
- Exclude & Whitelist
Apps & Integrations
- Single Page Applications
- Hubspot Integration
- Wix Integration
- Shopify Manual Installation
- Weebly Integration
- 3dcart Integration
- Blogger/Blogspot Integration
- Drupal Integration
- Joomla Integration
- Magento Integration
- Prestashop Integration
- Squarespace Integration
- Unbounce Integration
- Delete Instapage Integration
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Integration
- Adobe Target Integration
- Coremetrics Integration
- Eloqua Integration
- Google Analytics Integration
- Kissmetrics Integration
- Olark Integration
- Opinionlab Integration
- Optimizely Integration
- Qualaroo Integration
- Freshdesk Integration
- AnswerMiner Integration
- LiveChat Integration
- Usabilla Integration
- Webtrends Integration
- Recordings Don't Appear Correctly
- Mouseflow and Google Maps
- Error: Could not load recording data
- Do you support Flash elements?
- Can I record iframes and pop-up windows?
- Recordings and Data Are Missing
- No Images or Styling in Playback
- The Wrong Page is Being Displayed
- Content is Missing From Playback
- Empty Recording List or No New Recordings
- Bot Traffic
Accounts & Billing
- How do I change my email or password?
- Managing account settings
- How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- How do I cancel my account?
- Managing billing details
- How do I update my credit card?
- Where can I find my invoices?
- Failed payment
- How does Mouseflow handle VAT?
- How does upgrading and downgrading work?
- Multiple Account Users
- Advanced Setup
- Measure Performance of Ad/Email Campaigns
- Custom Variables / Tagging
- How do I push data into third-party tools?
- Start Recordings Based on User Actions
- Testing Multiple Versions of a Website (A/B Testing)
- Tracking URL changes with React
- Alerts / web hooks
- Customize Recording Rate Per Page
- Record Visitors By Specific Language
- Track Visitors By Specific Device
- Record Visitors Based on Entry Page
- How do I track visitors referred by Google AdWords?
- How do I only track visits referred by Facebook?
- How do I only track visits from Bing Ads?
- Store Cookies as Custom Variables
- Recording Content After Page Has Loaded
- Whitelist Mouseflow's Servers
- Advanced Settings
- Mouseflow API
- Is Mouseflow right for me?
- Do you have a brochure/presentation available?
- How does Mouseflow work?
- Does Mouseflow affect the browsing experience?
- Can Mouseflow record HTTPS/SSL?
- What impact will Mouseflow have on my servers?
- Most Common Questions
- Where do I find the tracking code?
- How about security? Is my data safe?
- What browsers and operating systems do you support?
- Can I install Mouseflow on my localhost?
- Does Mouseflow work with members-only pages, shopping carts, and checkout pages?
- Can I delete all recordings and data?
- Do you offer any SLA or uptime guarantees?
- What happens to my website if you have downtime?
- Recordings Status is 'Paused'
- Affiliate Partnership
- Is it possible to white label Mouseflow?
- Mouseflow Session / Credit
- How does Mouseflow handle Apple Safari Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP)?
- Is Mouseflow affecting my page speed
- Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection blocking 3rd party trackers
Modified on: Wed, 13 Nov, 2019 at 1:51 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.